We're Like Magpies and We Like Sparkly Things. Magpies are attracted to shiny objects and are notorious for stealing rings and other jewelry left on windowsills or tables out of doors, which they carry off to their nests! But only if they are sparkly.
Have you noticed how you get compliments on your new jewelry? Your Santa Barbara Jeweler says, "it's not just because it's the newest thing and your friends have never seen it before. It's because it's sparkly and gorgeous!"
Jewelry Can Get Pretty Dull Looking When You're Not Looking
Just like your car, jewelry gets dirty and doesn’t shine like it used to. Hand cream, soap residue, dust and hard water deposits are just some of the gunk that detracts from the original sparkle and beauty of your wedding ring or other jewelry. What’s a girl to do?
Professional Jewelry Cleaning is Amazing!
You detail your car, why not your jewelry? Cleaned up and polished jewelry looks brand new. You'll fall in love all over again when you get professional jewelry cleaning done for your jewelry.
A professional jewelry cleaning job is three-steps, cleaning, polishing and steaming, done by your Jeweler.
It's especially effective for jewelry that’s worn daily. I’ve loved restoring countless dull and cloudy rings to the way they looked when they were first gazed upon.
The Three Step Professional Jewelry Cleaning Process:
- The first step is to place the jewelry is immersed and soaked in an ultra-sonic jewelry cleaner. Together with the cleaning solution, the ultra-sonic vibrates at a high rate, dislodging tiny particles adhering to the metal and the gemstones. Note: Not all gemstones can withstand the chemical cleaning solution and the vibrations of an ultra-sonic. Diamonds, rubies, and sapphires are fine. Opals and emeralds should never be put in an ultra-sonic. If you’re unsure about a particular gemstone, check with your jeweler.
- The next step is polishing. Here the jewelry is buffed and polished on a high speed wheel. All the little scratches and abrasions are removed and the surface of your jewelry is restored to its original, smooth and shiny self.
- The last step is steam cleaning in which the jewelry is held under a powerful jet of steam. This gets rid of any last remnant of unwanted clinging particles. Steam also brightens up the metal somehow.
Three Tips For Home Cleaning of Your Jewels
- This Santa Barbara Jeweler likes home ultrasonic jewelry cleaners. These really help in Santa Barbara where hard water deposits cloud up your gemstones if they get a chance. Regular ultrasonic cleaning keeps the hard water deposits from sticking if you are vigilant.
- A gentle toothpaste and an old toothbrush can do a nice job cleaning detailed design jewelry. Nooks and crannies can try to thwart your efforts to clean them, but they usually can’t out run a toothbrush.
- Silver polishing cloths actually work as well on your gold as they do on your silver. They are especially effective on chains and bracelets.
What’s the Takeaway Message Here?
Embrace your inner Magpie. If your jewelry looks dull and sad and you're not picking it up to wear, send it to your favorite Jeweler for a professional cleaning.
Once it’s brought back to shiny, clear and beautiful life, get your home jewelry cleaning machines and tools and keep up the cleaning. You’ll love the look. You can have new looking sparkly jewelry all the time.
"Wear it don't warehouse it!"
Your Magpie Jeweler,